Megan Yorke
September 8th, 2011
Thesis Prep 1: Research Methods
Assignment #1b: Idea Mapping of Your Thesis Ideas
Fall 2011
After completing the Thesis Mind Maps, I have discovered that although I picked three completely different topics to create a map with, the maps have similar qualities and words that could easily intertwine with one another. The three topics I chose were Landscape and Architecture (Architecture built into the landscape), Urban Planning, and Prefabrication. A major theme found in all three mind maps was the idea of connections. In Landscape and Architecture, the theme of connections was used because of the idea that landscape and architecture should be intertwined with the architecture spilling into the landscape and the landscape spilling into the architecture. The mind map on this topic also suggested that there was a type of architecture that couldn’t exist without the landscape, therefore they are connected in every aspect. In Urban Planning, the mind map showed that there should be a connection between communities and the city, and that they are connected through parks, subway systems, streets, bridges, etc. In my Prefabrication mind map, connections seemed to be a theme that dominated as well. Prefabrication is all about modules and systems and the way things connect with one another. I think finding this common thread among all three mind maps is really important in continuing to discover my thesis topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment